Everyday at around midday I ask Miss Two what she would like for lunch and everyday she says a sandwich. Perfect, such an easy meal to prepare, reasonably healthy depending on the fillings and something which she will at least eat half of. My only problem is coming up with interesting and healthy fillings. Here are my top five, feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Vegemite with cream cheese.
2. Avocado and Cheese – a lovely combination when you pick a nice creamy, bright green avocado, not so much when your avocado is brown and stringy like ours was this week.
3. Sultana and honey – a favourite from my own childhood and anything with sultanas is a winner with Miss Two
4. Toasted ham, pickle and cheese (with or without tomato depending on what season it is) – the perfect sandwich for a chilly day.
5. Peanut Butter and Jam – I know it’s so American and we only have this one occasionally, but Miss Two obviously has a strong penchant for the salty/sweet combination like her mother and aunt.
So what’s the favourite with your kids, or do you bring more imagination to the lunchtime fare?