In the midst of sick kids again, I almost forgot my Monday harvest post, so here is a very quick one for this week – not many photos either.
1. More broccoli – one smallish head about 100g (just a guess, forgot to weigh it). Still more to come too. Used in a fried rice along with the last of the home grown capsicum and some home grown beans from the freezer.
2. Small bunch of silver beet, done this was again as a side dish.
3. Parsley, as always and in everything (just about).
4. Peas, actually a couple of decent sized pods, but still not enough to warrant cooking them. Miss One and I ate them while enjoying a swing on a warm afternoon.
5. A couple of carrots – still to be used, not sure what I’ll do, perhaps a roast veg pizza or risotto. (Actually one was eaten by a cheeky three year old, but I’m not complaining, SHE ATE A VEGETABLE!)
6. One quite skinny parsnip – again still to be used. This time I might add it to some mashed potato to trick the rest of the family.
Linking up with Daphne as always.