There wasn’t loads coming in from the garden this week, but still a good variety.
1. Silverbeet – added to some spaghetti bolognaise. There’s a fine line with this one, too much green and it will turn Miss Three off, just enough bulks out the meat a little and sneaks some vegetables into my reluctant first born.
2. 3 turnips to be used tomorrow night with some other root vegetables to go along side some leek tartlets which I baked tonight.
3. 2 radishes – these are the first radishes to be picked. Again they’ll be used in a side salad, thinly sliced for tomorrow night’s dinner. Hopefully they taste great.
4. A few peas – just enough for a quick and yummy snack.
5. Another couple of handfuls of broccoli side shoots. I just can’t get over how much the broccoli continued to produce after that first main head was picked.
6. Some lettuce – not sure of the variety as it was self seeded from a mixed lettuce crop I planted last year. This is the first lettuce from the garden for a long while.
7. Thyme – which went into the leek tartlets.
8. Parsley – for some scrambled eggs among other things.
9. And some gorgeous tulips and sweet scented freesias. In the with tulips I put thyme and parsley, I thought it looked quite sweet.
And that’s been my Monday harvest, for more head over to Daphne’s Dandelions.