Wow, what a week of harvesting in the Good household.
1. Over 6 kilos of tomatoes (most of which went into a batch of tomato sauce, Yum! I think now I just need to make some home made sausage roll)
2. 3 cucumbers – two Armenian and one Lebanese (which look tiny, but are actually normal sized.
3. 3 zucchinis – two MONSTERS that were hiding at the bottom of the plants and one normal sized. I think the monsters will be not great to eat, but thought if I peeled them and chopped out any hard bits I could use them for soup – what do you think?
4. A decent handful of beans, mostly purple kings.
5. Four red capsicums (not pictured)
6. 3 cobs of corn (not pictured)
7. Lettuce (not pictured)
8. Herbs – basil, parsley, thyme
And I think for me over 6 kilos of tomatoes in one week is definitely a tomato glut, a situation I have been dreaming of ever since I started gardening and it’s finally happened. YAY! On the down side, the plants are now looking extremely dry and sad. If I get time this week when it’s not too hot I will prune off the dry and dying parts of the plant and see how they respond to that.
As always this collection of posts is hosted by Daphne so go and check out some other harvests from around the world.