Woohoo! I made a real Harvest Monday post before the end of the year. Feeling good, even if the total amount is still pretty small.
So in the last week here is what I’ve picked (with and without photos)
1. Lots of rocket. I’ve used it in salads, on pizza and in a rocket pesto which will go into some pasta with some chicken.
2. Strawberries – only three, but its a start.
3. Herbs – Mint, coriander (now there’s something to celebrate), parsley. These have gone into salads and also into some lamb koftas.
4. Lettuce – Red and green and it’s going really well.
5. Spring onions – though sadly my use is outstripping what’s growing in the garden so I think I’ll now have to buy some more (and then plant them of course).
6. Radishes – red and white – which I added to a potato salad.
And some home grown veg I’ve been gifted from other gardens (Mum’s, my grandfather’s and my neighbour’s):
The garden is starting to look really good so I’m hoping the harvests will start increasing in variety and quantity. It’s nice to see the results of all the work Mr Good and I have put into it since we moved in. I’ll share some before and after shots soon. In the meantime check out the other harvest at Daphne’s.